· The Milky Way is about 1,,,,,, km (about , light years or about 30 kpc) across. The Sun does not lie near the center of our Galaxy. It lies about 8 kpc from the center on what is known as the Orion Arm of the Milky Way.
· · Graphic view of our Milky Way Galaxy. The Milky Way Galaxy is organized into spiral arms of giant stars that illuminate interstellar gas and dust. The Sun is in a finger called the Orion Spur.
Milky Way Galaxy (sometimes simply called the Galaxy), large spiral system of about several hundred billion stars, one of which is the Sun. It takes its name from the Milky Way, the irregular luminous band of stars and gas clouds that stretches across the sky as seen from Earth.
· Milky Way facts. The Milky Way contains over billion stars, and enough dust and gas to make billions more. The solar system lies about .
· The Milky Way galaxy is just one of billion of galaxies in the universe. The universe is a vast expanse of space which contains all of everything in existence. The universe contains all of the galaxies, stars, and planets. The exact size of the universe is unknown. Scientists believe the universe is still expanding outward.
- Somebody Done Hoodooed - Louis Jordan And His Tympany Five - Hoodoo Man Vol. 1 (1938-1940) (Vinyl, L